Friday, April 27, 2012

stuff.

So I graduated from BYU last week-woot WOOT!
To begin this new phase of my life, I decided to move to a new apartment complex.
[3 years at the Villa was enough.  I did my time there.  It was time to move on.]
I decided it was time for a FRESH START.


So it's a commonly understood fact that in order to move, you usually have to PACK.
Well, I'm just gonna be completely honest right now:

 i'm a TERRIBLE packer/mover.

I got to the point where I was just throwing stuff in boxes.
[no organization]
and I got to the point where I realized that I have too much STUFF in my life.

How in the world have I acquired so much STUFF?  
I'm a 22 year old girl.  What the heck?
But seriously.

I got a little overwhelmed with how much STUFF I own.  
And how much of this STUFF is so useless.  
And how much of this STUFF is completely unnecessary for me to function.
And how much of this STUFF is merely from my wants, not my needs.

Let's be real.  Do I REALLY need the following things?
-2 empty glass coca-cola bottles
-a wad of sticky tack
-3 boxes of books
-a tiny tin box
-27 pairs of earrings
-a bag of used gift bags
-3 bike helmets
-17 pairs of shoes
-2 dvd players
-a pack of blank dvds that I got for free, that i have never used
-a box of used notebooks
-a Christmas tree stand
-a bag of 15 scarves
-30 plastic tupperwares
-a closet full of clothes + a dresser full of clothes + multiple boxes of clothes
-random bag clips
-more junk

I think it is time for me to:
de-junk.
feng-shui.
release.

I've come to realize that STUFF doesn't make me happy.

The PEOPLE in my life make me happy.
The EXPERIENCES in my life make me happy.
The MOUNTAINS and TREES and RIVERS and SUNSHINE make me happy.

If you are in my same position, I urge you to SIMPLIFY.
Let go of some of your STUFF.
It will make you so much happier.

Cheers to SIMPLICITY :)








2 comments:

  1. The books are important...the rest I suppose is debatable. But books are very important and are very needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU. so glad that you are going to be my roommate in the fall.
    NO MORE:
    dirty dishes
    filthy kitchen
    washing underwear and socks in the sink
    smelly chinese food
    quiet hours on tuesdays and thursdays
    lots and lots and lots of other things.

    iloveyouohsomuch.
    <3

    ReplyDelete