Tuesday, April 10, 2012

tender mercies

life is super busy.
and crazy.
and sometimes I feel like I don't have a hold on things.
but life is also WONDERFUL!
and the Lord is very aware of EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US!

Once upon a time Elder Bednar gave a talk titled "The Tender Mercies of the Lord".
I love this talk. 
I love some of the things he said:


 "...the tender mercies of the Lord are real and that they do not occur randomly or merely by coincidence."

 "...the Lord’s tender mercies are the very personal and individualized blessings, strength, protection, assurances, guidance, loving-kindnesses, consolation, support, and spiritual gifts which we receive from and because of and through the Lord Jesus Christ."

"...as you and I face challenges and tests in our lives, the gift of faith and an appropriate sense of personal confidence that reaches beyond our own capacity are two examples of the tender mercies of the Lord."

"Repentance and forgiveness of sins and peace of conscience are examples of the tender mercies of the Lord."

"The simpleness, the sweetness, and the constancy of the tender mercies of the Lord will do much to fortify and protect us in the troubled times in which we do now and will yet live.  "

"When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems that perhaps we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance (see 1 Ne. 1:20)."

What a guy!  I love Elder Bednar.  



I experienced a little tender mercy this week.
My computer hard drive crashed and I was really sad...
I thought I had lost all of my pictures and journal from Jerusalem. 

 Worst feeling ever. 

I took my computer to some computer guys and they said they would see what they could do (in regards to retrieving all my files).
I went home and said a simple prayer.
I prayed that they would be able to retrieve my stuff from Jerusalem, if nothing else. 
 Jerusalem was one of the most life changing experiences I have ever had and I did not want to lose any of those memories!
They called the next morning and said they were able to retrieve my stuff!
I was OVERCOME with gratitude.

The Lord is aware and He is very merciful to His children 
(even in the simplest things, like crashing computers).


Cheers to tender mercies :)


1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks for this post, I really needed to read these excerpts from Elder Bednar's talk today, a tender mercy for me! I got lucky with my computer as well, my computer got a "root kit" virus (apparently the most deadly of comp. viruses, so I was told by the computer geeks :) Anyways, just as I backed up my files on an external hard drive, the virus erased EVERYTHING! So I was so blessed like you!

    ReplyDelete