Monday, March 26, 2012

quote junkie

CONFESSION: I'm kind of a major quote junkie.  

i LOVE quotes.  
i love COLLECTING quotes.
i love DISCOVERING new quotes.

Today I will bless you with some of my favorites...
Here goes:

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to find the best in others; to leave the word a little better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success." -Ralph Waldo Emerson 

* * *

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." 

* * *

“We will naturally go downhill if we aren’t working extra hard to go uphill.” –Brother Kerry Muhlestein

* * *

"Nobody escapes this life without learning a thing or two about suffering...be hopeful and prayerful, things have a way of working out!" -Boyd K. Packer

* * *

"Don't cry because it's over...smile because it happened." 
-Dr. Seuss

* * *

“No pain that we suffer, no trial that we experience is wasted. It ministers to our education, to the development of such qualities as patience, faith, fortitude and humility. All that we suffer and all that we endure, especially when we endure it patiently, builds up our characters, purifies our hearts, expands our souls, and makes us more tender and charitable, more worthy to be called the children of God … and it is through sorrow and suffering, toil and tribulation, that we gain the education that we came here to acquire.”
–Orson F. Whitney

* * *

"Carpe some Diem!!" -Dr. Zabriskie

* * *

“Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least.” –Goethe

* * *

“We who have come out of the world unto Christ by covenant have placed ourselves on a path that leads ultimately to eternal life.  We need to stay on the path, keep walking, and bounce up whenever we fall.  The Keeper of the Gate, the Holy One of Israel, has not placed a ceiling on the number of saved beings; rather, he is ready and willing to heal and empower and redeem and save all who desire these consummate blessings.  He is with us at the starting gate of life’s race, travels along the pathway with us, and waits at the finish line, not alone to certify us but, more important, to welcome us home.” – Robert Millet, Are We There Yet? 36

* * *

"ALWAYS BELIEVE THAT SOMETHING WONDERFUL IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN!" 

* * *

"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I'll bet they'd live life a lot differently."

* * *

"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life.  When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  I wrote down "happy".  They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life." 
-John Lennon

* * * 

Cheers to quotes :)




1 comment: