Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Twenty-two things that make me happy :)

‎"When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life." -John Lennon

I love this quote...I love it alot!


HAPPINESS.
It's a pretty awesome thing, huh?  

So, what makes you happy?
What makes you smile? 
What makes you laugh until your stomach hurts? 

There are about a BILLION things that make me happy...
But hey, since I will be turning 22 this year, how about I just tell you TWENTY-TWO things that make me happy!
Welp, here goes nothing:

(1) My pretty dog Meisje (pronounced "Maysha").  That's Dutch for "little girl".  I love how she will just set her head on your lap until you pet her.  And how she stalks the squirrels in our backyard.  And how she patiently lets my little nieces climb all over her.

(2) Riding my bike (that I've had since the 9th grade).  I love riding my bike up Provo Canyon on warm days...when it's not too warm but it's just warm enough.

(3) Banana Bread (Grandma Hofman's recipe).

(4) A clean apartment.  Now, this doesn't happen very often...but when it does happen, I am a real happy camper!

(5) Talking to my little brother Sterling on the phone.  Not gonna lie, I miss that kid.  And I love how he's like 3 times my size.  And I love our late night conversations about anything and everything.

(6) Summer's Eve (thank you Lexi "Lurkel" Adams)

(7) Taking naps.  Naps are a precious thing in my life.  I never get enough sleep, so I take advantage of any extra minutes in the day.  And believe me, I can fall asleep ANYWHERE (that is not an exaggeration)! Naps make me happy :)

(8) Brigham Young University.

(9) Sophie Catharina HofmanMy best friend and my little sister.    

(10) Awkward moments. haha :)

(11) My roommate Katherine's cooking.  But seriously...best Cook EVER! 

(12) Laying on the sun warmed sidewalk after swimming.  One of my happy memories of childhood summers at the Raquet Club.

(13) Playing the piano.

(14) Skiing with my siblings.  As much as I love skiing with friends and stuff, skiing with my siblings will always make me the happiest!  I love riding the chairlift with them and eating pretzels and chocolate and laughing about things that only a Hofman would laugh at!

(15) John Denver.  His music brings back bucket loads of memories from building the cabin and spending the summers up there with my family!  And these memories make me really happy :)
(16) Shredstin Anderson. His wolf shirts make me really happy.  So do his dream catchers.  Oh, and his singing makes me happy too!

(17) Free stuff.  I have a confession, I'm addicted to free stuff.  It makes me really happy.  It's such a cool feeling to walk away with something that you didn't even pay for.  Yesterday I got a free highlighter and a free mechanical pencil.  Today I got a free thumb drive and a free t-shirt.  Call me a freeloader?  

(18) My Dutch heritage.  Being one-fourth Dutch makes me happy.  Thanks Grandpa (Cornelius Adrianus Hofman) for passing on your Dutch gene to all of us :)

(19) Cheese.  I would literally die without cheese in my life.  

(20) The Valley Crew.  They are a group of handicapped adults that work at the MTC with me.  And they make me SO happy!  "Beep Beep...Honk Honk" -Nila 

(21) My parents.  I have the world's BEST parents (and that is NOT an extreme exaggeration).  They make me happy.  Really happy.  Like the happiest.  Ever. 

(22) The gospel.  This is definitely the one thing that makes me the MOST happy!  I am so blessed to have the gospel in my life and I just want to shout it to the world!  


Cheers to HAPPINESS :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. Glad I could contribute to your happiness. The small things in life that make us happy... Summers eve and cheese. Love you.

    ReplyDelete