Thursday, January 26, 2012

Selling or Donating?

I DONATE PLASMA.

Now before you read any more, you can take your little judgments and throw them out the window.  Kick 'em to the curb.  Check the 'tude.  

Okay, let's keep going...

Like I said before...I DONATE PLASMA.  Twice a week.  About 1.5 hours each time, so that' s about 3 hours a week.  For those 3 hours of "work" I get paid $65.  Don't mind if I do!

I kinda have a little issue with the word "donate" though.  I looked up "donate" on dictionary.com and this is what I found:

do·nate

 [doh-neyt, doh-neyt]  Show IPA verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
verb (used with object)
1.
to present as a gift, grant, or contribution; make a donation of, as to a fund or cause: to donate used clothes to the Salvation Army

So if I was technically "donating" then I would be doing it for free, out of the goodness of my heart, with no thought for reward. But let's be honest...I am not doing it for any of those reasons. My motives are purely selfish and I will be the first to admit that...straight up. 

Does this make me a bad person?
I don't think so
Does this make me a semi-sketchy person?
Probably


But guess what? I really don't care. As long as it buys me an occasional Cafe Rio Pork Salad and Gas for my car, I'll continue to "sell" plasma. Twice a week. For as long as I need to. Or until it kills me.
Whatever comes first.


The moral of today's story? You don't "donate" plasma. You "sell" it. Don't let anyone EVER convince you that they are doing some good deed by "donating" their plasma. They aren't.  Their motives will always be selfish.  


Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. What about if you sell your plasma but then give the money to the Salvation Army does that count as donating? hehehehe you know you love me.

    ReplyDelete